Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wedding Contemplation


Couple weeks ago I was a groomsmen at my best buddy's wedding. There is something incredible when you are sitting at the head table. I was sitting there and thinking that of all people in that room they picked me to share that day with. I like being picked. You know what I was thinking when I was sitting there? I was sitting there and thinking about phys.ed. in elementary and high school.


Teacher would come and say we are going to play soccer today. When I heard it I felt sick. I knew what’s coming. There would be two captains; they would pick the kids that are faster, stronger and taller then me. Then I would end up picked because somebody had to pick me eventually. Soon I made habit to help with homework only to the kid that picked me. Soon they figured it out and I wasn’t picked last any more.



But here I was sitting at the head table. Carter and Julie did not pick me because I was stronger, taller, faster then rest of their friends. They did not pick me because I can help them with the home work. I still do not know why they picked me, but they did and I was honored to sit at that table.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home