Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Monday, July 31, 2006

I am back in Canada


Yup I am back to the country of the Maple leave and into the province with no Maple trees whatsoever. Sometimes I feel guilty for loving Canada so much but then again I feel guilty every time I eat ice-cream.
But let me tell you about the one thing I do not feel guilty about. I do not feel guilty for enjoying the company of the bestest friends in the world.
With two of them I went hiking another day. Ones we got to Rockies it started to rain very badly and we got kind of lost. We hardly got out of the car; except just long enough for me to take this picture of them. Have you ever had friends with whom it is great to be together even when everything goes wrong? I would not traded this afternoon spend with them even for the very best planed vacation. Friends make life just a little bid more bearable, don’t you think.
Another day I was talking on the phone with one of my other friend in Toronto. As I was listening to her wrong opinion on the war in Lebanon, I realized that I love Canada not because of its money or nature or even climate. I love Canada because some of the very best people I have ever met live in the country of the Maple leave and in the province with no Maple trees whatsoever.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ~m said...

you're always so gracious about my wrong opinions. your tolerance is inspiring :)

7:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^LOL

Glad you are back!

9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home