Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

South African report # 13


Some of you will think that this is a stupid or inappropriate log, but I will still say it. So, if you think Africa you think hot, when you think hot you think shorts when you think shorts you think legs, (Well, maybe you don’t, but bear with me). So I noticed that I am more popular when I wear shorts. At first I was puzzled why that is. Until one day one of the African children started to touch my legs. In a kind of funny way (you now like you pat a cat). Then he calls his friends over and they start touching my legs. I freak out! It turns out that they have never seen anyone with hairy legs. My legs are not super hairy (At least that is what I am trying to convince myself about), but there is no hair on African legs in my village.
No I am scared to wear shorts because who knows what will happen if women in the village will find out that it is possible to touch white men’s legs. What should I do?

5 Comments:

Blogger ~m said...

wow. that really made me laugh! :D thanks, friend! EMAIL ME!!!

12:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! But, why is this such a big deal, here at your Canadian home you have two friends who have hairy legs ....??? ...you remember your dear friends Angel and Zeke?!
CD

2:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee...this is so cute!!

I was imagining people running out of their homes to touch your hairy legs!

1:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super story! I laughed and laughed.
But of course, as for you, it was not so ..
Thanks for sharing it!

5:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nu braaliit, tas gan ir smiekliigi un vini tiesaam visi tur glaasta tavas spalvainaas kaajeles? :)

6:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home