Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Friday, May 12, 2006

South Africa report # 7

I was being a tourist another day; Walking through the town enjoying scenery. Then I ran in to this sign (see picture). My first thought was, “I wonder what does the word ‘Dissuades’ means?” Due to the great invention of context I figured it out. Then my next though was, “now when I think that I know what it means I do want to go pass it so bad.” Wouldn’t you want to know why this town would discourage its guests to use this path? Of cause I went. This was the most beautiful walk I had in this country so far. Steep cliff and a very wild nature, this path lead to the place where locals do their fishing. Needles to say that forbidden fruit is delicious and that it feels so nice to trick yourself in to believing that you are adventurous type.
Later when I talk to my local friends about that, they were shock. It turned out that these signs they put in the places were tourist are being attacked and were town is failing to stop the crime. So I guess I was adventurous after all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next time you see a sign near a cliff that says "Do Not Jump!", why don't you be adventurous and disobedient. After all, the ride on the way down can be very pleasant... it's only the stopping that hurts!
Love,
CD

9:32 AM

 
Blogger ~m said...

so . . . how's the ministry going?
actually praying for you!

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home