Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

South Africa report # 9


This is very sad day in the history of my Africa experience. On the picture you can see my last teabag. I ran out of my tea. Yes I do travel with my tea, so what. Local people tell a joke about me here. What do you call man who travels with his own tea? – Teapot! And then they all laugh like they missed it first 10 times somebody said that. I am not getting depressed yet. In the town 2 hours drive from my village there is a store and rumor has it that they have my tee there. If it is true Africa will become livable once again. But for now I have to exist with things that locals call tea, but in truth it is a teabag with mud in it.
When I was leaving Canada, my best buddy told me, “Foreign guy, I know that your are a cheap man, probably because of your Scottish blood, here take some money and once you in Africa buy something for your self.” This is what I am going to spend your money for, my friend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really a truly sad day as mom p has said. How many meals have you missed since you have arrived in S. Africa? How many nights have you been without a roof over your head? How many friends do you think you still have back in Canada? This suffering regarding your "tea" habit is something we will all pray about, after all tea is like coffee ..... it smells better than it tastes!
CD

2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home