Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Canada report #32 (Haven’t done these for a while, have I)


One thing that drives me insane in Canada is the way they communicate through silence. Where my people would talk loudly, slam the door, give a hug and do some more yelling latter, Canadians talk a lot through absence of words.
What is truly amazing though: I seem to be finally getting it. Another day my buddy and I were talking about something work related. I asked him a question, but he was quiet. A moth ago I would freak out and think that he is so disrespectful and mean, but that day I knew that he needs time to think about it and he will get back to me about it later.
I see it in the movies, at work, at school, and in the buss. Where my people would talk things through Canadians are talking through silence.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home