Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Saturday, December 03, 2005

NOEL – what it is and what it is not?

During the last week I have been trying to find out what is Noel. Canadians sing about it al lot and I was wondering what it means and even though most of them admit that they are not sure what it is this is what they told me.

Noel (according to my friends is):

1. Merry Christmas in French

2. Emanuel (In French as well)

3. Christmas (French again)

4. Christ (French once more)

5. King is born to Israel (This time in Latin)

6. The Messiah (In unknown language)

7. And so on!!!!

Noel (According to people who are smarter that me and my friends) is:

1. Christmas: period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6

2. 2004 drama film, directed by Chazz Palminteri

3. An exposure level at which there are no statistically or biologically significant increases in the frequency or severity of any effect between the exposed population and its appropriate control

4. NOEL stands for No Observable Effect Level. (My personal favourite)

5. The dosage of a pesticide in chronic toxicity studies that results in no discernible harm to experimental animals.

6. Where the ice-cakes float loosely. (If you get it let me know http://www.20000-names.com/dictionary_micmac_02.htm)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Noel is that guy from Felicity. Not that I ever watched that show

11:11 AM

 
Blogger ~m said...

noel means "hymn" or "madrigal" . . . "the first noel, the angels did say, was to certain poor shepherds", as the song goes. "the first noel" is the first song about Jesus.

8:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home