Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Canada report # 7

What’s with all the vinegar?

They put it on practically everything. Vinegar chips, vinegar crackers, vinegar with ham vinegar with beef even VINEGAR CANDY.

Today when I was buying can of sardines in the Safeway one man in the line behind me said, “Are you gone eat your sardines with salt and vinegar, because this is how I like them the most.”

Vinegar is just pure acid (In my world at least), but

Canadians sure like it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Neely said...

Mmm, vinegar fries :)

10:39 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

I'm not too much of a fan of the vinegar, and I must be from the remote part of Canada, but I have never heard of Vinegar Candy. How can one defile candy like that?!

12:56 AM

 
Blogger Foreign_guy said...

I was bluffing when I said vinegas candy, but you, mom, proved that bluffing does pay bak. Thanks for the receipie!!!

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Trevor said...

I always thought it was funny that we would use vinigar to clean the grills and not think twice about putting it on our fries.
Although it does taste amazing on fries. Especially fish and chips.

1:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this comment from the guy who eats cottage cheese like it grows on trees.

7:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home