Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Canada report # 6

One thing that I noticed that has changed in me since I came to Canada is this pressure that I am feeling. (By the way just now one of my fiends came or flew in to the room covered in blanket and whisper in spooky voice, “I am a vampire, and you do not see me!” I love that guy!) Anyway back to the point. I am feeling the pressure to get a good job, to get a car, to get a degree to earn a lot of money. I did not want these things before, but now I feel that I should. Canadians talk about they future more than people in my country, and when they talk about that they talk about stuff they could have and do for fun. I am getting less and less interested in things I could do for God or what kind of ministry I could do, I am more and more concerned about the ways I can secure my future and the ways I could get out of it. I do not like that at all.
But on the other hand it is not that bad at all. If you have more tangible goals you are going for it is easier actually reach them. People who know what they want will get what they work for.
Canadians – People with goals that sometimes turn into stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

It is true. I find people ask you how much money you are going to make long before they ask anything else like why do you feel called into the ministry.

2:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

draudzin, nedomaa par maaju un masiinu un naudu. domaa par gimeni,jo vieniigi tai seit uz zemes ir veertiiba...domaa par to,ka tev kaadreiz buus sievina un beerni. sodienas raidiijums aina man lika padomaat un arii paraudaat - ko mees iisti daraam ar savu dziivi - mees to vienkaarsi izmetam miskastee domaadami,kaa dabuut sev kaadas veertiigas lietas, patiesaa veertiiba ir Dievs un beerni...
miilam,S.

9:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home