Here I am, lost in a new country . . .

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Canada report # 25


Foreign guy is going to see a dentist

Volume # 2

She was short, very short. When the nurse talked to me she would look in to my chest. And I am not a tall person. Then it began. She had to take my x-rays. I had to be standing up and she had to put something in my mouth. All my energy went in to preventing the outburst of laughter. She would reach up, I would bend down, then she would tell me to stand up still and then she would try to reach me again. It was very comical. It turned out that some of my x-rays did not worked, so we did it again. And then they left me. “Doctor will be back soon,” she said. But doctor wasn’t back soon. So, I took a nap.
Somehow all this experience is a lot of waiting. And not just in waiting area but in actual dentist’s chair. One would think they would try to keep you away from that torturing device, but they don’t.
For Canadians it seems normal, but I wish they would know that there are so many different ways to do all that. Not necessarily better just different.
My brain somehow suppressed actual drilling moments. And probably it is a good thing, but my biggest surprise was still ahead of me after the doctor said, “Well, we are done for today.”

- To be continued -

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder we hate the dentist...alot of questions and waiting...you got it right there...I find this with all doctors.

12:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home